Chocolate for breakfast? Yes please!
This chocolate orange breakfast is reminiscent of a certain Christmas stocking favourite but better because it’s vegan (obviously), healthy but still feels a wee bit cheeky.
Added bonus it makes your house smell deliciously festive!
Ingredients to serve just me:
- 60g oats
- 220ml plant milk/water (I use Oatly Barista)
- 1 tsp of raw cacao powder ( or VF cocoa powder)
- Juice and zest of one small orange/tangerine
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple/date/agave syrup
- Toppings: more orange, more chocolate, more maple syrup! Oh and nut butter! Whatever else you may fancy.
Place the oats in a pot with the milk and stir in the cacao, syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, orange zest and juice.
Simmer for about 5 minutes on a low medium heat until it’s how you like it.
Pour into a bowl then add toppings, take a picture for Instagram then scoff it.
Since you are likely sharing on Instagram anyway then make sure to tag me so I can check it out and share on my stories.
As well as the usual food, fizz and fun…. I have teamed up with my fave brands for daily Instagram giveaways so get involved!
Big Christmas Hugs,